Ratings & Reviews
I have known James Menke for over 20 years and referred many clients to him. All my referred clients have been extremely pleased with his representation.
Jim is an outstanding attorney and the type of counsel who not only knows the law, but truly knows how to practice it.
I have had two cases with James Menke. He is a highly competent, thoughtful attorney who knows when to litigate and when to resolve matters. He is strategic and professional in his dealings with other lawyers and was that way with me as w...
I have had two cases with James Menke. He is a highly competent, thoughtful attorney who knows when to litigate and when to resolve matters. He is strategic and professional in his dealings with other lawyers and was that way with me as well.
I have been a trial attorney for almost 50 years. I have tried cases in all state and federal courts and have handled appeals before most of the state appellate courts, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court. I have tried hundreds of cases of both court and jury trials. I have achieved a success rate of more than 90 percent. Some sample cases:
- I obtained a jury verdict and judgment for a commercial real estate broker for $10 million.
- A developer that I represented against another developer got a $22 million result.
- I represented a distributor against a Japanese manufacturer on a cross-complaint and obtained a $3.5 million verdict and judgment.
- I got a defense verdict on a $12 million claim against a client as a result of an airplane crash.
- A claim against a client for $4 million in an Oregon court involving an Oregon ranch resulted in a defense verdict.
- A developer I represented obtained a $2 million judgment in a Las Vegas court.
- I have been involved in litigation on numerous cases involving loan workouts with commercial lenders.
Our firm has been involved in a number of large collection matters.
- 1963, Wisconsin
- 1964, California
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western and Central Districts of California and District of Nevada
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Law School Attended
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
Associations & Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Stat bar of California.
- Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Civil Practice
- Business Litigation
- Business Mediation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate
- Land Sales
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Mediation
- Real Estate Restructuring
- Real Estate Partnerships
- Real Estate Sales
- Real Estate Secured Lending
- Real Estate Workouts